October 14, 2009

Paco Pena concert review and bootleg of Boulder, Colorado Show


Paco Pena puts on a heck of a show. Though I knew that this show was not guitar-centric, I wasn't going to miss a chance at seeing flamenco of such a magnitude. So now I've seen Paco Pena and Paco de Lucia. I would just like to see de Lucia again because when I saw him it was with John McLaughlin and Al Di Meola. Not that that was chopper liver, it just wasn't flamenco!
Anyway, the show featured dancing very prominently. It was great to get to see Ángel Muñoz, an excellent performer! My favorite parts of the show were Paco solo (one tune) and the two pieces he did with just him and one dancer.
Paco is off to Canada for the rest of the North American tour so you better check the schedule and get your tickets.
I did record the show and a few of the pieces came out pretty well, just a little shuffling here and there.
Download them here and please let me know what you think.
¡Olé!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this show in NYC on Friday (Oct 2). You are in for a real treat. The guitar playing is brilliant and the dancing is amazing. Enjoy!
    I recommend it enthusiastically.
    -Anonymous
    -Comment originally posted Oct 7th on another post, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete